Previous topic - Next topic

Davy, aka GM

"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Patrick Goodman

Oh, please don't be blowed up.... ;)
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Patrick Goodman

OOC: Does Treyva recognize Styles' name? Anticipating a Reason + Conn Task, since that's what I'd call for....

Treyva Reason (10) + Conn (3), TN13
Rolled 2d20 : 4, 18, total 22

Let's see what we shall see.

Davy, aka GM

OOC: Versus Difficulty 0. Success, plus 1 Momentum generated.

Styles is a veteran officer with 33 years of service. He's known for famously commanding USS Excelsior during her transwarp trials before he was publicly humiliated by Kirk during the latter's theft of the Enterprise. The trials continued, but his reputation was damaged and, when the Great Experiment was deemed a failure in 2286, he was quietly transferred to the Rostov.

Despite that, he is a brilliant, but by-the-book officer. Of note, he defeated a Klingon officer in ritual combat in 2264 (in which he acquired his ever-present swagger stick); and, at 55, he still maintains some of the best fitness scores in the fleet. He's also known to have an ego the size of Betelgeuse.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Renny

OOC: Dibs on the Swagger-Stick if we find it  :)

Patrick Goodman

I see how you are....

Oh, and bank the Momentum.

Treyva leaned back in his seat. "Styles is a very competent officer," he said. "It's certainly not like him to miss reports or take his ship off-station. Likewise, a Kiev-class frigate isn't an easy target." He looked around the table. "This could be a lot bigger than Neural.'

Doug Burke

Sorak nodded, his face thoughtful, "Standard operating procedure for the Drake, sir," he replied. "I have not run a specific statistical analysis, but I am unable to bring to mind a single mission we have embarked on that was as simple as originally described. In fact, I would suggest that our record of success is an argument in favor of the Pratchett Theory of Million to One Chances."

He taps a few controls in the control pad at his seat and says, "I would suggest going over the most recent log entries and reports submitted by the Rostov. It may provide some needed insight into the crew's mood and efficiency."
"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Nolmir

"In that case, I had no idea what I was in for under this command," Tobin replies dryly to Sorak.

Patrick Goodman

Treyva chuckled. "It's your own fault for not reading the mission briefs before you accepted the assignment."

Davy, aka GM

Weekly log reports show that the ship has a high esprit de corps, with a work hard-play hard attitude that helped the first two months pass smoothly. This culture is something known of destroyer and fast frigate crews, who often spend significant time on routine patrols or orbital stationkeeping. While being able to blow off steam is a benefit that all starship crews try to take advantage of, combat crews seem to take it to the next level. It's telling that the incident with the Richtofen red paint scheme happened on a destroyer.

Efficiency has remained high, with some small dips at the end of the first month.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Patrick Goodman

"Mutiny doesn't seem likely, either," Treyva said finally. He shook his head. "The floor is still open, but I for one can't think of any answers until we get to Neural to see what's going on." He looked to Sorak. "What's our ETA at current speed?"

Davy, aka GM

Maria notes, "If we can maintain warp 10 for the entire run, just under 3 days."

OOC: Your max sustained speed is wf 9. Sorak will need to perform a little magic to keep her at wf 10.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Doug Burke

Sorak nodded at the Helmsman's estimate, "As Kolesnikov and I were already formulating the needs for high-speed trials,  I believe we would be able to maintain such a speed for the requisite timeframe."

Just let me know what to roll and when. I could see an assist from Nikolai and the use of my Engineering Staff ability involved. :)

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Davy, aka GM

OOC: This will be a Control + Engineering task vs. Difficulty 1. Kolesnikov can assist. You will also be assisted by the ship's Engines + Engineering.

Current
Momentum: 1
Threat: 10
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Doug Burke

Sorak Task:
Control (10) + Engineering (5), TN 15, Warp Engines Focus, Engineering Department Advantage (Not sure if this already taken into account with the Difficulty of 1 or if it would reduce the Difficulty to 0.)

Rolled 2d20 : 10, 3, total 13

Nikolai Assist:
Control (10) + Engineering (4), TN 14, Warp Drive Focus

Rolled 1d20 : 2, total 2

Drake Assist:
Engines (9) + Engineering (3), TN 12

Rolled 1d20 : 17, total 17