Main Menu

OOC Discussions

Started by Davy, aka GM, February 09, 2020, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Goodman

Treyva's Milestone is done.
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Nolmir

The Saratoga layout is fine by me.

Patrick Goodman

Renny

Posted in the Durham Cole thread re Milestone spends. Haven't modified characters yet. Will wait for Davy to approve.

Davy, aka GM

Looks good to me. I'll add Ally's onto her sheet.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Patrick Goodman

Davy, did you have an actress in mind for Tann-Tyra?

Davy, aka GM

At her introduction in Episode 1.11, we cast Ella Purnell on Greg's suggestion.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Ronin84

I just wanted to say Happy Easter to everyone!  I lurk quite often if you don't see, I love the game still and follow with a passion!  Please everyone take care during this topsy turvy time! 

Renny

Thanks man. Big fan of your Savage Worlds Star Trek stuff from a while back. Stay well!

Ronin84

Quote from: Renny on April 12, 2020, 04:44:11 PM
Thanks man. Big fan of your Savage Worlds Star Trek stuff from a while back. Stay well!

Thanks Renny!  That seems like such a long time ago!

Davy, aka GM

Starfleet Security Guard (Minor NPC)

Control 10
Daring 10
Fitness 9
Insight 8
Presence 9
Reason 8

Command 2
Conn 1
Security 2
Engineering 1
Science 1
Medicine 1

Stress 11
Resistance 0

Unarmed Strike (Melee, 3 [CD] Knockdown, 1-Hand, Non-Lethal)
Phaser II (Ranged, 5[CD], 1-Hand, Charge)
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Davy, aka GM

Okay, gents, I took a shot at creating Starbase 11 using the Command book rules. I agree with Patrick that the rules are vague, at best; it'd been nice, at least, to see what Modiphius had in mind for differences between TOS and TNG-era starbases, and some guidelines on the differences between the planetside starbase and the spaceborne station.

Anyway, please tell me what you think of my effort here. Any changes you'd recommend for the Drake's home base?

Starbase 11

Traits - Federation Starbase, Fleet Repair Facility, Planetside Base

SYSTEMS
Communications - 12
Computers - 12
Engines - 14
Sensors - 10
Structure - 10
Weapons - 8

DEPARTMENTS
Command - 4
Conn - 4
Security - 2
Engineering - 4
Science - 3
Medical - 2

SCALE - 12
POWER - 14
RESISTANCE - 12
CREW SUPPORT - 12
SHIELDS - 12

DOCKING - 18 docking ports, each capable of servicing ships of up to Scale 8 (represented by 18 separate orbital docking facilities)
SMALL CRAFT - 22 Scale worth of small craft, both Scale 1 & Scale 2 small craft available

TALENTS
Command Ship Base - The starbase has command and control systems allowing it to coordinate easily with allies during a crisis. When a character on the starbase succeeds at a Direct Task to create an Advantage, they may always be assisted by the ship's Communications + Command, and they may confer the Advantage to allied ships or away teams with whom the starbase maintains a communications link.

Docking Capacity - The station has additional ports and pylons that allow it to support a greater number of docked vessels as well as larger vessels than would normally be the case. The starbase has a number of docking ports equal to one-and-a-half times its Scale (rounding down), instead of half its Scale. The maximum Scale of any ship that may dock at the station is increased by 2. (Reflected above.)

Extensive Shuttlebays - The base's shuttlebays are large, well-supplied, and able to support a larger number of active shuttle missions simultaneously. The starbase may have twice as many small craft active at any one time as it would normally allow. (Reflected above.)

Modular Laboratories - The starbase has considerable numbers of empty, multi-purpose compartments that can be converted to laboratories as and when required. At the start of an adventure, the crew may decide how the modular laboratories are configured; this configuration counts as an Advantage which applies to work performed within the laboratories.

Repair Crews - With additional personnel to support repair and maintenance work, the station may prioritize repairs to a number of ships equal to its Engineering Department.

Sturdy Construction - When the station suffers damage, after Resistance, from an attack or hazard, it suffers a Breach if 8 or more damage is inflicted, rather than 5 or more as is normally the case.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Davy, aka GM

Sorry for not posting today; I had some inspiration on what to do with a return to Tablas, and ended up writing a detailed outline of the episode. I'll post in the game thread tomorrow.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Doug Burke

"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Davy, aka GM

"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."