• Welcome to Beyond the Final Frontier.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

OOC Discussions

Started by Davy, aka GM, February 09, 2020, 07:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy, aka GM

First, I didn't realize I forgot to create an OOC thread, so here it is.

That said, the new Drake is up. The spaceframe's common Talents are:Improved Warp Drive and Extensive Shuttlebays. As a Scale 4 ship, she gets two more Talents. One must be chosen from the multirole explorer mission profile, and the other may be any starship Talent.

The mission profile Talents choices are:

Improved Hull Integrity
Improved Power Systems
Rugged Design
Redundant Systems
Secondary Reactors

What would you gents like to pick?
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Doug Burke

I vote for Rugged Design (since it was tooled out specifically for exploration), and Advanced Sensor Suites (Like Treyva would allow any less on a ship he commands...).  ;D
"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Patrick Goodman

"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Renny

Erm, Rugged Design seems like a no-brainer for a front line exploration vessel. No strong feeling on the general pick so happy with Advanced Sensors.

Patrick Goodman

Bridge layout? Nothing on-screen has ever been terribly consistent. Most Constellation bridges seen in TNG seem to have been redressed versions of the TWOK Enterprise bridge, though with the better light found on the Reliant.

Davy, aka GM

Pending Nolmir's response, we have Rugged Design and Advanced Sensor Suite as the new Drake's third and fourth Talents.

Regarding the bridge layout, we can go with a standard Miranda bridge, or an Oberth-style bridge, or a USS Bozeman-style bridge[/i].

(The Cygnus X-1 site has a lot of nice blueprints.)
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Nolmir

Rugged Design makes sense, and as science officer, I agree wholeheartedly with Advanced Sensor Suites.  ;D

Davy, aka GM

Then we'll go with Rugged Design and Advanced Sensor Suites for the two Talents.

Once you gents are done with your Milestones, we'll move on to Season 2.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Patrick Goodman

Not liking the Oberth. Might have to do with kinda hating the class.

The Miranda is more comfortable, but the Soyuz (which is contemporary) is more the direction things are going with TNG and their layout.

My decision-making process during this transition has been to challenge my comfort zone, and by logical extension, Treyva's.

I say Soyuz.

Doug Burke

If we did Miranda, I'd prefer the Saratoga (ST4) configuration, but that maybe just me. I do like the Bozeman as an alternate, though. :)

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Patrick Goodman

Still prefer Soyuz, but if we go Miranda I prefer the Saratoga layout Doug showed us.

Davy, aka GM

"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Renny

I like the Saratoga style as Cole wants that weapon/defence station for sure.

Doug Burke

I say Saratoga.

Steve, that was one of my two reasons for liking it. The other was Engineering is right between both lifts so easy access to get to and from Main Engineering...

Patrick Goodman

For record keeping purposes.

Normal Milestone Benefit -- Used for Katarina Schrepfermann -- Engineering 2 to Engineering 1, Security 3 to Security 4
Spotlight Milestone Benefit -- Used for Zorana -- Fitness 9 to Fitness 8, Presence 9 to Presence 10

For seeing use in the mission, I think the following upgrades per page 134 of the core book should be applied.

Katya - add the Talent Quick to Action

Zorana - add the Talent Defuse the Tension