• Welcome to Beyond the Final Frontier.

Episode 1.13: Vengeance, with Interest (Conclusion)

Started by Davy, aka GM, January 10, 2020, 11:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davy, aka GM

"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Davy, aka GM

OOC: To make it easy on folks, here are the Privilege (treat like a Focus in your task roll) and Responsibility (treat like a Complication Range) for each character:

Sorak P - 3, R - 18-20
Tobin P - 2, R - 19-20
Dourap P - 2, R -19-20
Cole P - 2, R - 19-20

Note that Responsibility only comes into play if the character fails their Reputation Task. Since you folks have 0 negative influences, there's no way to fail the Task.

For expediency, I'll roll for Phil.

Dourap Reputation Roll (Reputation 12, Privilege 2, Responsibility 19-20) vs. 0 Negative Influences
Rolled 3d20 : 11, 5, 8, total 24
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Davy, aka GM

The good doctor's Reputation is starting to take off. (+3 Reputation).
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Doug Burke

Sorak Reputation Task
Reputation 10
Rank Privilege 3
Responsibility Range 18-20

Positive Influences 3
Negative Influences 0

Rolled 3d20 : 13, 20, 7, total 40
"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Doug Burke

"Plus who is going to be consoling Sorak there?"

"The commander raises a valid concern," Sorak replied with his usual aplomb, "As you can see, I am beside myself with worry."

Renny

Cole Reputation Task
Reputation 10
Rank Privilege 2
Responsibility Range 19-20

Positive Influences 2
Negative Influences 0

Rolled 2d20 : 4, 8, total 12

Renny

That would seem to be 2 successes for a new Reputation score of 12.

Davy, aka GM

OOC: Milestones!

For this episode, Treyva receives his 7th Milestone (ARC), Sorak his 6th (Spotlight), Dourap his 4th (Spotlight), Cole his 2nd (Spotlight), and Tobin his 1st (Spotlight).

Remember, each type of Milestone also grants you the next lower type of Milestone.

So, if you're receiving a Spotlight Milestone, you also receive a Normal Milestone. If you're receiving an Arc Milestone, you also receive a Spotlight Milestone and (through the Spotlight) a Normal Milestone.

If you choose to save one of your Milestones for later use, please note that (and how many total you have saved of each type). So, you could conceivably spend your Spotlight Milestone, but save the Normal Milestone that comes with it (which has an in game benefit...see Reply 6 in the STA Rules Clarification thread).
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Nolmir

Tobin reputation task
Reputation 10
Rank Privilege 2
Responsibility Range 19-20

Rolled 2d20 : 14, 7, total 21

Nolmir

Looks like 1 success for a new reputation of 11.

Renny

OOC: Thinking about Milestones but probably wont post until tomorrow. Apologies for the delay. My daughter is flying to Russia with her school tomorrow and I have to be up at 2am to take her to the airport

Davy, aka GM

Important stuff. No worries.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."