• Welcome to Beyond the Final Frontier.

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recent posts

OOC: Just to clarify, T'Kiri is only an observer in this instance. As such, it would be a violation of that status to "lead the way" or even appear to be directing Starfleet personnel to a location in the execution of the search warrant. She is only allowed to follow and watch (and answer questions with regard to the text of the warrant itself).

Voshen's task will be Reason + Engineering vs. Difficulty 4. The difficulty is high due to the passage of time since the last transport was possible and the interference caused by the storm itself.

Since he is without instruction from the captain, what is Tobin doing? Is he assisting Voshen in his task, going with Cole, or following Treyva?
"Aye sir," Cole replies, and looks to the investigator to lead the way.
Treyva nodded at Voshen. "By all means, Lieutenant," he said, turning to Cole and Chev. "Under no circumstances are any of us to approach this Kavoran alone. As I said on the shuttle, he's demonstrated an exceptional capacity for violence; there's been enough blood shed already, and I don't want any more. Ensign, you and I will go to the meditation area. Mr. Cole, Principal Investigator T'Kiri, please carry out your search as you see fit."

He looked at Nahwoor. "Where is this period of meditation taking place?"
Quote from: Chev ch'Valk on May 12, 2024, 01:57:36 PMChev listens to the rest of the away team, but after hearing Cole, the ensign speaks up. "Sir, I was thinking just the opposite from what Cole suggested. If we know where Kavoran is, I'd suggest sending one of us there to let him see us, and gauge his response from there."

Cole raises an amused eyebrow at this.

"Let's do both, sir. Send the Ensign here to Kavoran, size the man up. Meanwhile we start our search."
Chev listens to the rest of the away team, but after hearing Cole, the ensign speaks up. "Sir, I was thinking just the opposite from what Cole suggested. If we know where Kavoran is, I'd suggest sending one of us there to let him see us, and gauge his response from there."
Quote from: Davy, aka GM on May 07, 2024, 02:26:14 PMNahwoor reads the information on the PADD and hands it back to T'Kiri. "I do. What sort of electronics do you seek? We use very little technology here, and nearly all of our devices are housed in our medical and administrative buildings."

"I rather doubt the device in question will be found among legitimate equipment, but it is possible," Tobin replies. "It's small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand, so it could escape others' notice."
Voshen clicked through his vocoder in an approximation of a throat clear. 

"Captain, it may also be prudent to scan the complex for any evidence of recent transportation.  If the attacker at Spalan Estate beamed here directly afterwards, it's possible a transporter signature remains behind.  Our quarry has proved to be quite assiduous in clearing their tracks, but, in the interest of leaving no rocks unmoved..."
"It is a period of meditation through labor. Kavoran will be with his brethren and sustren in the main sanctuary," the monk responds.
Cole steps forward, addressing Nahwoor respectfully.

"If I may, sir, where would you expect to find Kavoran at this time of day? It may be prudent for us to begin our search in the areas he is not likely to".

The V'Kor investigator steps forward, holding up a PADD. "This is finding of judicial cause authorizing the Starfleet-led task force to conduct a search of the bedchambers used by the monk Kavoran, as well as the reliquary, workshop, and training area used by him," she says. "They are seeking contraband electronic devices in accordance with Vulcan Criminal Statute 14614.

"You are restrained from warning Kavoran, nor are you allowed to precede investigative personnel into the areas being searched. Any individuals found to be within the aforementioned areas are themselves subject to search. Do you understand the terms of the warrant and restrictions it places?"

Nahwoor reads the information on the PADD and hands it back to T'Kiri. "I do. What sort of electronics do you seek? We use very little technology here, and nearly all of our devices are housed in our medical and administrative buildings."

OOC: I'll let you gents answer that question as you desire. Having performed her one official duty, T'Kiri is now only an observer.

How do you want to handle this? You can split up to cover all areas simultaneously (the two security guards also have tricorders), or you can move together as one group. Kavoran's bedchamber will be in a different building than the reliquary and workshop/training area (which sits immediately below the reliquary).