• Welcome to Beyond the Final Frontier.

Episode 2.02: Rivulets of Copper, Eyes Aflame

Started by Davy, aka GM, March 25, 2022, 11:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Goodman

I'll get this response up ASAP, but I'm being very careful about wording....
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Chev ch'Valk

"The sky is a neighborhood." -- Foo Fighters

Patrick Goodman

...pation.

Treyva approached the monk, trying to compose his thoughts as he did so. Finally he said, "As you have likely surmised, it is a matter of some importance." He drew a breath, and then continued. "We have been investigating a series of murders that have been taking place over the past several weeks. A considerable amount of evidence has led us here.

"Our investigation has led us to believe that one of your number might have suffered a mes-stirila kloshai-has, which we think has led him to act in a manner that is not normally typical of his nature. We also believe this has led him to use a weapon from this monastery to commit these murders." He turned to look at T'Kiri before going on. "We have obtained a warrant to search this place. Principal Investigator?"

Davy, aka GM

The V'Kor investigator steps forward, holding up a PADD. "This is finding of judicial cause authorizing the Starfleet-led task force to conduct a search of the bedchambers used by the monk Kavoran, as well as the reliquary, workshop, and training area used by him," she says. "They are seeking contraband electronic devices in accordance with Vulcan Criminal Statute 14614.

"You are restrained from warning Kavoran, nor are you allowed to precede investigative personnel into the areas being searched. Any individuals found to be within the aforementioned areas are themselves subject to search. Do you understand the terms of the warrant and restrictions it places?"

Nahwoor reads the information on the PADD and hands it back to T'Kiri. "I do. What sort of electronics do you seek? We use very little technology here, and nearly all of our devices are housed in our medical and administrative buildings."

OOC: I'll let you gents answer that question as you desire. Having performed her one official duty, T'Kiri is now only an observer.

How do you want to handle this? You can split up to cover all areas simultaneously (the two security guards also have tricorders), or you can move together as one group. Kavoran's bedchamber will be in a different building than the reliquary and workshop/training area (which sits immediately below the reliquary).
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

Renny

Cole steps forward, addressing Nahwoor respectfully.

"If I may, sir, where would you expect to find Kavoran at this time of day? It may be prudent for us to begin our search in the areas he is not likely to".

Davy, aka GM

"It is a period of meditation through labor. Kavoran will be with his brethren and sustren in the main sanctuary," the monk responds.
"Course, sir?"

"Out there...thataway."

socrates200X

Voshen clicked through his vocoder in an approximation of a throat clear. 

"Captain, it may also be prudent to scan the complex for any evidence of recent transportation.  If the attacker at Spalan Estate beamed here directly afterwards, it's possible a transporter signature remains behind.  Our quarry has proved to be quite assiduous in clearing their tracks, but, in the interest of leaving no rocks unmoved..."
-- RG

Nolmir

Quote from: Davy, aka GM on May 07, 2024, 02:26:14 PMNahwoor reads the information on the PADD and hands it back to T'Kiri. "I do. What sort of electronics do you seek? We use very little technology here, and nearly all of our devices are housed in our medical and administrative buildings."

"I rather doubt the device in question will be found among legitimate equipment, but it is possible," Tobin replies. "It's small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand, so it could escape others' notice."

Chev ch'Valk

Chev listens to the rest of the away team, but after hearing Cole, the ensign speaks up. "Sir, I was thinking just the opposite from what Cole suggested. If we know where Kavoran is, I'd suggest sending one of us there to let him see us, and gauge his response from there."
"The sky is a neighborhood." -- Foo Fighters

Renny

Quote from: Chev ch'Valk on May 12, 2024, 01:57:36 PMChev listens to the rest of the away team, but after hearing Cole, the ensign speaks up. "Sir, I was thinking just the opposite from what Cole suggested. If we know where Kavoran is, I'd suggest sending one of us there to let him see us, and gauge his response from there."

Cole raises an amused eyebrow at this.

"Let's do both, sir. Send the Ensign here to Kavoran, size the man up. Meanwhile we start our search."

Patrick Goodman

Treyva nodded at Voshen. "By all means, Lieutenant," he said, turning to Cole and Chev. "Under no circumstances are any of us to approach this Kavoran alone. As I said on the shuttle, he's demonstrated an exceptional capacity for violence; there's been enough blood shed already, and I don't want any more. Ensign, you and I will go to the meditation area. Mr. Cole, Principal Investigator T'Kiri, please carry out your search as you see fit."

He looked at Nahwoor. "Where is this period of meditation taking place?"

Renny

"Aye sir," Cole replies, and looks to the investigator to lead the way.