• Welcome to Beyond the Final Frontier.

Personal Log -- Captain Treyva

Started by Patrick Goodman, February 03, 2020, 09:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick Goodman

Personal Log, Stardate 8651.5: I had to say "farewell" to a couple of friends today. While most of the crew was enjoying their shore leave here on Starbase 11, Katrina and Mike Welch were preparing to board the U.S.S. Sheffield en route to the Sol system. Katrina has elected to leave Starfleet and accept the position of Director of Emergency Medicine at Trevor Medical Complex in Bradbury City on Mars, while Mike will be receiving a promotion to lieutenant commander and teaching physics at the Academy annex there. It's going to leave quite a hole for me; Katrina and I have been friends for many years now. She's always been something of a sounding board for me. That role is going to be hard to fill.

I already have a new chief medical officer, of course. Dr. Dourap has been promoted to fill that position. As Katrina put it just before she beamed up to the Sheffield, "Heaven help us all." I don't know who's going to fill Mike's spot as physics section chief; that will be Paula's call, and I really don't envy her. We have a remarkable bunch of scientists on this ship, if I do say so myself.

On a different note, we seem to have become a favorite of Starfleet Training Command. We've picked up a new trio of cadets for their cadet cruises, including Sorak's son, Sonek. I must remember to speak to him about Miral, and see if she's been leaving out anything in her letters. Speaking of which, I just received another one. Duty calls.
"Be bold. Be brave. Be courageous." -- Captain Christopher Pike
Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

If you enjoy my work, why not buy me a coffee?

Patrick Goodman

Personal log, stardate 8709.9 -- I didn't realize how deeply Dietrich Schrepfermann's betrayal had gotten under my skin, as the Humans put it. But it has, and the anger it's engendered has lingered there and festered. I have to find some way to control that anger, because the next time we might not be so fortunate.

Patrick Goodman

Personal log, stardate 8714.7 -- The last of my old friends from before the  Drake's last refit is leaving. Paula's vision isn't getting any better, so she'll be getting off the ship when we reach starbase 24, to be transferred back to Earth for some advanced nerve regen.

She needs to get better soon, too. Once we broke comm silence with Starfleet, I received a message from them informing me of their intention to send her to Command School and promote her. They've in turn received my heartfelt endorsement. She's going to make someone a fine XO...but things are going to be a little emptier around here.

Not totally empty, though. I'm beginning to believe my relationship with Zorana may be starting to move beyond the professional. We'll have to wait and see.